Sunday, April 21, 2013

April 6, 2013

2nd Week MTC


Hola mi Familia!!!

Thanks for the easter package! It made me so happy!! and i just got the package full of fruit snacks hahahaha. what the? wasn't expecting that. But i still loved it!  OH YEAH! my companions name is Elder Rasmussen. Hes way tight! and we get along really well. its such a blessing because im sure if i was with any of the other Elders in my district I'd kill myself. but not really. it just wouldnt be as good as our companionship. Well it seems like this last week has flew by! i got my travel plans last week... so maybe i should have told you that then, but i leave tuesday morning. my flight leaves at 9:47ish? i bought a call card so be ready for me to give you a *ring!* Anyways its crazy here at the MTC. class all day and when we arent in "class" we are still in "class" doing personal/companion study. The food here is... not that great. so if you want to send me some packages... (hint hint) that would be awesome! my companion literally gets a package a day! no joke! Real quick i want to tell you this expierience me and my companion had with prayer! it was amazing! so we were doing companion study outside and we were trying to figure out how we should plan our next lesson for our progressive investigator. So we decided to say a prayer and we asked for help on how to plan for our investigator and how to help him, and so we end the prayer and i look up and this teacher is walking by and he has this cool bag! so i said "hey nice bag." not thinking anything of it. And then he just comes over and starts talking to us, and before he leaves he says... "is there anything i can help you elders with?" so i asked him if he had any ideas on how to plan for our investigator, and he just went off and told us all these things that helped us a ton!!! and as he walked away, i looked at my companion and said. "DUDE! Did you see how fast our prayer was answered?!" It was CRAZY cool! and then i just yelled "I LOVE THIS GOSPEL" so cool!! So That investigator we were planning for, let me tell you the story. well our first lesson was a mess! It wasnt us, but our investigator just talked and talked and Talked! we would ask him a question like do you believe in god? or something and then he would tell a story and bring to something else. way frustrating! so me and my companion refocused and for our second lesson we figured out how to corral his talking and were able to give him a lesson about the restoration. And when we got to the atonement we talked about baptism and how thats how we access the atonement. and so right then i challenged him to be BAPTIZED!!!!! ....he said he wasnt sure he could do that... so we continued through the lesson and it just felt like we were dragging him along with it. and then we ended with a prayer but asked him to give it. His prayer took like 10min!!! but at the end when he was closing "in the name of jesus christ, amen." he started to choke up and it was hard for him to finish the sentence! The spirit was So Strong!!! and he was crying!!!! so after the prayer we asked him how he felt? and he said he felt really Good! so Me and my companion looked at eachother... smiled :)... and then we challenged him again and HE SAID YES!! it was so awesome!!!! we got out of the room and celebrated!!!! It was the coolest feeling in the world!! and the rest of the day seemed to go great!!! But soon after i learned that not all investigators are like that. We have an investigator with our teacher and we taught him the next day, and this time we were talking about the gospel of jesus christ and we got to baptism and talked about it a bit, and then challenged him to be baptized. He said no. he didnt really seem ready for it or something... and it made me so frustrated!!! because i KNEW this is what he needed! i knew that this gospel was going to bless his life!!! But it definitely helped my testimony grow. because i know this is gospel is true and i want everyone to know about it!! and when he said no. i just KNEW that it was true! weird right? 

Well my times up. and i have to go. Love you guys!! write me!! letters! seriously! their the best!
Love Elder Chris Jones











No comments:

Post a Comment