Sunday, April 21, 2013

March 27, 2013

Departure to the MTC

Elder Jones left for the MTC on Wednesday, March 27th under beautiful sunny skies.  We took a few pictures at our home in Pleasant Grove then were favored to have the Rollin's family come and sing a beautiful song "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" to us before hopping in the car and meeting the rest of the family up at the Provo temple.  From the temple we drove over to the MTC, it was a long drive and Chris was quite nervous.  As we pulled in and were ushered down the hill to the assigned parking spot, Chris caught a glimpse of his friend who had entered the MTC 20 day or so earlier.  Chris's countenance changed, he lite up with joy as he yelled for Alex. From that moment on I knew in my heart that he was going to be just fine. I was so full of love for Alex to be there for my son. It was so comforting!  Below is an excerpt from Elder Alex Stewart letter, March 29th.

"Chris (my buddy from SUU) wrote me on Monday and told me he'd pull in at 1 so I set it up so I could host. I was looking all over the curb at around one and suddenly I heard my name being yelled from a Toyota Sienna, "ALEX! ALEX!" I ran to where he was pulled in and insisted I host him. It was just him and his mom and they were crying. I almost started crying because it was just a really sad goodbye for them, I could tell. His mom came around and I held out my hand to shake her hand and she just brought me in for a really big hug. She was the closest thing I have had to a mom in the last 3 weeks so it was really nice:) Then I went over and gave Chris the biggest hug and tried to comfort him and say that it'll all work out. It was a bittersweet moment to have one of my best friends arrive here. I took him around and we got his stuff (just me and him) it was sooooooooooo nice catching up".










No comments:

Post a Comment